26 March 2010

Warm Welcome to Our Guest Blogger

Currently, I'm on an extended trip abroad. In my absence, Laura Seewoester (photojournalist and my sister) will be giving you a glimpse into her most recent Asian experience – her trip to Korea. Here's just a bit of what's to come:

Korea’s winter dawn creeps in, cold and gray as steel with the stealth of a cat stalking its prey. Morning is already upon you before you even notice it’s there. The people trudge along in their routines, shroud in heavy coats while the women shiver in pantyhose and high heels, no doubt waiting restlessly for their flowery spring to bloom.

As the winter leaves Korea, all things Korean seem to be shroud in contradiction. While I was only there about 10 days, this is an observation I came across in more ways than one, and I’m sure it runs much deeper than a mere traveler can pick up in less than two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment